20 February 2007

Another autumn photo in February

I have come perilously close to discussing The Bad Thing here on the blog, but I really cannot. I wish I could, but the 'can't' part pretty much precludes discussion. And so, moving on.
The above is a tree shot, obviously - the red is Virginia creeper (Parthenocissus quinquefolia) as seen below. The picture was taken on the driveway up to the orchard.
Moving on. I've been trying to come up with some kind of theme that would force me to write. However, that's altogether too artificial for me, so I really don't want to do that. God forbid I end up being the blogger who only posts the results of online quizzes about themselves on their site. Eee.
And so, what to do? Keep on as I've been doing, I suppose.
On that note, I'm in the exciting midst of trying to isolate Schizophyllum from apple fruit. This is actually pretty interesting - it hasn't been done before, so that's a nifty little hurdle to try to clear. I have some promising cultures growing right now - I'll have to see in a week or so if they are possibilities for inoculating apple wood.
In other news.... hmm. My knee still hurts, but I'm working on making it better - exercise, physical therapy, etc. Meh. Clearly, I don't have much to say. Trying to say stuff is better than saying nothing, though, at least at the moment. I'll try again tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll be going to the nursing home in the evening for class... that alone should generate thoughts that exist in places other than my head.
Until later, ta.

2 comments:

LittlePea said...

If you are uncomfortable about sharing The Bad Thing then don't. I love that picture. I hope your knee feels better.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne! I have not had enough opportunities to say hi to you lately. I often read your blog at work and it makes commenting awkward. (But I read your blog every day!)

I'm sorry something Bad happened. You can always email me if you feel like you need more support.

Take care of you!