02 February 2007

How about some fluff?

Heck yeah! I'm wearing myself out with all the introspection - due though it is - and seriousness. I'll be having voluminous quantities of both for some time to come, so allow me to be fluffy for a moment. I was perusing Fug today (http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/), when I came across two actresses I would look like if I could. You know, that ridiculous fantasy. Sadly, they were both included in the fug category rather than the well-done, but still. I was reminded of that game some people play when they say who they would look like if they could. So, without further ado, here it goes: Who I've been told I look like over the years: Daryl Hannah - to this one I say - it was the hair. And the long face. And perhaps the furrowed brow, when she furrows - then her face resembles both mine and my mother's. Also? She dresses like a ragamuffin much of the time, at least as seen by the papparazzi. So do I, just sans the papparazzi bit. Linda Hamilton - to this one I say - I'm not sure. However, if I could have her body from T2? I would. Who I'd like to look like: Cate Blanchett Patricia Arquette And yes, I've noticed the "ett/e" bit. Apparently, I'm French at heart. Except... not really, and that's probably not linguistically correct anyhow. Shannon? That concludes today's fantasy event, who would you like to look like if you could even though that's a pretty silly premise. Anyone who wants to say who they would look like is hereby granted permission to put it in the comments. Otherwise... moving on. /end fluff.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny that you mention Linda Hamilton because I always thought there was a bit of your mom in Linda Hamilton's looks! So maybe that part of your genes that came from your mom are coming out there. I don't see it, however.

I've been told over the years, depending on the haircut, that I resemble Chrissie Hinde of The Pretenders, Mayim Balik (when she was on "Blossom," not current Mayim!), and today, Molly Shannon. I'm quite happy about that last one, as I love Molly Shannon!

I would love to look like Helena Bonham-Carter.

Anonymous said...

In high school, when the show My So-Called Life was on television, I would get, "You look just like Angela (Claire Danes) from My So-Called Life!" everyday. In fact, if I had a tally sheet, I'm sure that comment would outweigh any other comment I got in high school.

However, Claire Danes used to be a normal-sized girl, as did I. Now she's rail thin and I'm, well...not. :)

I wish I looked like Katherine Heigl from Grey's Anatomy. She rocks!

lu said...

We were definitely separated at birth. At least 3 times a year someone tells me I look like Daryl Hannah; recently I've been getting Felicity Huffman comparisons.

I only look like them if you squint your good eye, dim the lights and cock your head to the left.

Clear skin, give me anyone with a peachy clear, scar free completion, and that is what I envy.

I love you Anne

LittlePea said...

omg you have to ask this right after I've woken up?(yes,folks, I'm one of those helpless nerds who turns on the computer as soon as my lids part)

I've been told a couple times that I looked a little like the girlfriend on Wayne's World. I don't really think so but she has a round face and almond shaped eyes-I have a round face and almonds eyes so I can see how someone would say so. I have freckles though.

hmmhh who would I like to look like? just pick up any Victoria's Secret catalog and pick a random model...
I also like Audrey Tatou's look(from Amelie)speaking of 'french'

Kristi said...

I've been told more times than I can count that I look like Christine Ricci. Most often, people say, "Hey...you look like the girl who played Wednesday in The Addams Family!" Lovely.

If I could look like any star, though, I suppose I'd like to look like Lauren Ambrose, who played Claire in Six Feet Under. Love her red hair.

Anonymous said...

In high school, I was repeatedly told I looked like Winnie Cooper from the Wonder Years. It was, in fact, uncanny. We even had identical haircuts.

I occasionally get Sandra Bullock these days and, back when I was willowy, I would get Katie Holmes.

I would like to look like Evangeline Lily. She's buff and cute and uniquely beautiful all at once. And she has a lovely complexion. My kingdom for a lovely complexion.

Roxanne said...

Seriously?

I guess Gwyneth Paltrow. She seems to have a very natural look which I like. And clear skin of course.

I've never been told that I look like a celebrity, only my sister. And just the other day I was mistaken for some woman's friend. I don't think the friend was anyone famous though. :)