13 February 2007

Not much to say...

...other than to confirm that I am really loving nursing school right now. I decided to stop being one of those schlubs at the back of the room who never says anything. I'm still at the back of the room, but I'm speaking up now, and it feels good. I'm finally really excited about what I'm doing, though the amount of stuff we're supposed to be learning and mastering is a bit daunting. Still, I'm upbeat about my chosen career path, and I absolutely adore the instructor I have for my Monday night class. She's bright and quick and funny, and a very strong, outspoken advocate for the nursing profession. Let's see... what else? There isn't much happening at the moment. The Bad Thing about which details I can't discuss is still ongoing. At the moment, I've settled into a sort of uneasy holding pattern with regard to it; most of the time I'm able to feel positive about myself, which is a good thing. I think, on the whole, I'm becoming a healthier person mentally, emotionally, and physically. Gotta work on the spirituality aspect, though. It's all a work in progress, right? I'm actually feeling cautiously optimistic, which is highly unusual for me. (waiting for other shoe - or a storm of them - to drop...) With that, then, I'm off. Until later, ta!

6 comments:

LittlePea said...

wow-nursing school-I'm thinking about that. I'm glad you're feeling stronger lately...

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying nursing school. It was one of the best times of my life. Take care of yourself.

Leslie said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying school. I got a lot more out of my classes when I spoke up, regardless of where I was sitting. But it did help for me to sit up front. It made the classes feel more personal and intimate.

Roxanne said...

I discovered how much more meaningful a class is when I join in the conversations. Or actually ask questions instead of just sitting there thinking them in my head.

I'm glad you're enjoying school more.

lu said...

I love going to classes, being part of a community. It's a good thing.

Happy Valentines Day!

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy to hear that you're enjoying school and feel positive about your career choice. That's awesome!

And...Happy Valentine's Day!