06 February 2007

Quiet.

That's how I'm feeling right now. I'm struggling with some pretty bad feelings presently, stuff that I don't really want to say out loud because it's just negative. I also don't really want Kelly's mom's post to remain at the top of the page, so I'm writing. My chamomile is already growing - tiny, delicate sprouts of spring green; the basil isn't far behind. The oregano is taking its time, but it's starting to push out of its seed coats too. There's something so heartening about new growth - I hope my little plantlets survive. I had a Cooper's Hawk (image via Google: http://thebirdguide.com/digiscoping/photos/IMG_1728_Coopers_Hawk.jpg) appear in front of my office window feeder yesterday afternoon. He/she dropped straight to the ground out front; I got to the window in time to see the beautiful creature soaring away about three feet off the ground. I couldn't tell if his/her hunt was successful. The little birds stayed away for a short time, but have been back in droves since then. I think my favorite visitor is a male red-bellied woodpecker (http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2003-06/8041912.jpg) - he calls when he's eating, which is pretty darn cute. Unlike many people, I also really enjoy the blue jays. I know they're loud and bold, but they're so pretty to look at. I feel like sequestering myself behind a locked door in a darkened room right now. My heart hurts, and so does my head. I feel hopeless. I know these feelings will pass. I just have to keep believing that. Until later, I hope all of you out there are well. Ta for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold on and breathe.

lu said...

Hey Anne,

I guess we have to ride the waves. You're doing well to notice the birds; being aware of what's outside. Hang on.

LittlePea said...

I love those woodpeckers-I found a baby one once that fell out of it's nest and took it to the bird santuary nearby. I never went back to find out if was ok but every time I see one I always think of that baby bird.

One day at a time-it sounds cliche, I know but that's all we can do. And if it's that bad-one hour at a time. And remember who you are.