28 August 2007

Small update

Hi there! I'm pressed for time, as usual. I had a visit with the knee doctor this morning - looks like I'll be having surgery on the other knee as soon as school permits. That means the winter break will be filled with crutches and swelling and COBRA payments! What fun! Has to be done, I suppose. I have no idea what my employment situation will be at that point, but knowing in advance that I might be out of commission for a few days would be a good thing, I would think, to be able to tell an employer. I generally don't get sick (knock wood - I also used to have indestructible joints), so I generally don't take sick time.... meh. Anyway, I got a cortisone injection in le knee this morning; if the effusion hasn't calmed down by the time I see him again, he'll drain it, which is always a grand time. Not a big deal, really. Not fun, but not a big deal. Onward. I continue to swim, but doctor-man says I must be more vigilant in my weight-lifting. I've been pretty good about upper body, but I've been hesitant about lower body stuff because neither of my knees are good. Henceforth, I will have to squeeze in more weight-lifting, with deference to the leg muscles. The doctor says my right knee is recovering as it should; basically, I'm being impatient with its (lack of) progress. Given that I'm at school until late Monday through Wednesday, said weight-lifting will have to happen Thursday through Sunday. FASCINATING! I sent out a bunch of resumes yesterday. We'll see what happens. Looking for a job is oh so much fun! Well, I have to get back outside. Today's agenda: harvesting cider apples and putting weights on saplings to make their limbs grow more laterally. It was lovely to hear from you guys in the last comments... I miss you. Ta for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Swimming? PHOOEY. You must have thighs that can crush a man. Weightlifting? PISH! You could probably kick my ass right now. Not that I'm scared of you, or anything ...