30 August 2007

Thursday!

This'll be quick, as I have to get going... I am SLEEPY today. So tired. I really need to adjust to this new school schedule. Miss Kitty - tentatively named Maxine Bean for the moment - put in two appearances today. I couldn't get near her the first time I saw her, but she was hanging around the parking lot and meowing loudly at me. Later, she stopped in for a bite to eat outside my office door (dry food), so I approached her with a dish of canned and she let me set it down. She'd been about to run away, but I think she both smelled the food and also recognized the stretched out arm holding a bowl and stayed put, though warily. After I set the dish down, I stayed near; she stretched her body out as long as it could go to sniff the food, and then looked at me and meowed. She wanted it but I was just too close. I backed off a few feet and she came in for a nibble, but didn't want to settle in until I completely retreated. It's a start. Worked outside all day today. Am now a hot, sweaty, dirty mess. I am very much not looking forward to having to cook dinner tonight. Ah, well. Until the morrow, best to everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love her new name!