18 September 2007

Ok, better mood today.

Today is one of the two longest days of my week. I didn't go swimming this morning, though I'm regretting that now... but I was still up at 6. I have an exam tonight, then I have to complete 6 to 8 pages of preclinical work after I get home (around 11:00 pm). It's certainly not an impossible task - it's just a very long day. And again I have been harvesting apples all day, and will continue to do so for the afternoon until I leave for class at 5. It sounds romantic and picturesque, the apple picking, and I suppose it often is, but it's also hard work. The picking buckets, when full, end up weighing 35 to 40 pounds. You're up and down a ladder while you're picking, too, so you're carrying this weight up and down as you do so. The apple boxes themselves weigh 55 to 75 pounds when they're full, and I carry great numbers of these all day long, transporting them to the Gator or a truck, then from the Gator/truck to storage to stack them. This isn't to say I don't like my job, because mostly I do... it's just tiring in addition to being in school, and having bad knees really exacerbates the whole thing. I despise that my knees have failed me so. I was so accustomed to being an athlete - heck, even when I was in bad shape for me, I was in better shape than many. Anyhow, that's enough out of me. Just checking in. Today we harvested a bunch of non-commercial apples (test varieties), and now we're into Cortlands. There are 45 trees left to go. Ta for now, probably until tomorrow or Thursday. I wish you all well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:(