04 September 2007

Bare bones

No time (what else is new?) * math test tonight so I can pass meds at the hospital tomorrow. Ugh. * kitty-boy Bean let me pet him quite a bit today, though he still flinches if I go too fast, and there's really no walking up to him. He is slowly getting more trusting, though, and he's gained some weight; his coat also looks nicer. His lunch today? "White Meat Chicken and Whipped Egg Souffle with Garden Greens." Yes, I'm serious. Hello, marketing to humans! I didn't fall for this trick; I had a handful of free Fancy Feast cans that were included in my cat's Cat Chow. She doesn't eat anything but the Chow, and I figured Bean-kitty could use it. He thought it was exquisite. * good weekend, which included a working day (Saturday, at the vet) - most interesting case was a dog with a snootful of porcupine quills. Less interesting and more horrifying was something the doctor I was working with said. I don't have time to get into it now; hopefully later. Also did a nice kayak trip from Tivoli Bay over to Saugerties, up the Esopus Creek and back again. * not in a terrific mood today; pounding headache, little sleep thanks to my aching knee, too much to do in too little time - and a five hour lecture to boot. I found out this morning that I can't swim breast stroke laps anymore because it just hurts my knee too damned much. So... now it'll be all freestyle all the time, aside from my kickboard laps. Suck. Well, that's it. Boring, per usual. Until the morrow, ta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the test, enjoy passing the meds tomorrow. You'll do a lot of that as a nurse. Take care.