18 October 2007

Picture this smile five times larger...

...and you'll get a picture of what I look like right now. Yes, perhaps that's anatomically a bit scary, but still - it's how I feel. I can't stop smiling! Why?
Because I've been extended a year at this job!! I can't even tell you how happy I am about that. To be completely honest, although certainly making a decent wage is important, I was so very much dreading leaving the people I work with here. I love all of them, and I am well aware of what a rarity that is. They have been my main emotional support over the past three years - they have cared about me, put up with me, and been there for me over and over again. Every one of them is dear to me, and that's not hyperbole. I am completely surprised by this - it came out of left field. It also came out of much prayer, I think. I can hardly stand it, the happiness - it's seriously wonderful. I am actually teary about this. My ever-practical boss would scoff, but that's ok because I love him too.
YAY! A thousand times yay!!
Until tomorrow, ta.
:)

5 comments:

LittlePea said...

That's great Anne! So happy for you.
You're so lucky to work at a place you love so much.

Anonymous said...

You told me this news hours and hours ago and I'm still grinning about it!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm happy for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad for you ... your enthusiasm for your work shows up frequently in your entries. It's great that you don't have to worry about this. Plus, the birds will get fed this winter.

LiVEwiRe said...

That is wonderful! I know how much you didn't want to really leave there and now you actually have the opportunity to stay! Good for you! It's about time you have more things in your life to truly celebrate.