20 April 2007

Friday!

Finally, a clearing April sky
Friday doesn't really mean much anymore, at least not while school is in session - but still, no work for two days! I plan to spend much of the day at school tomorrow - only two more free lab times before the final assessment. I'm extremely nervous about the skills assessment final - I tend to fumble and jutter and stumble about when someone is watching me closely. It's annoying. I wish there was some way to be tested without being directly observed. Kind of an impossible wish, though, I suppose. I need to get used to it anyhow - not all of my patients will be seniors with dementia... so basically, I'm always going to be observed while I'm doing my work.
So. I don't have much to say. That thing that was bothering me earlier in the week that I circled around and never actually talked about is still bothering me. What a surprise, huh? It never helps to keep it stuffed down inside. Never, never, never. I talked to Shannon about it briefly (http://westeringhills.weblogged.net/ - I'm not sure how to make her name a link, so I keep doing this) and she's game for a discussion, but she's gone for the weekend. And, naturally, I'm not ready to write about it either. Maybe later in the day.
Man, talk about an entry about nothing! I will write more later - perhaps those words will have substance. Or perhaps not. Stay tuned.
Ta.
__________________________
To add, later in the day:
I'm afraid I have nothing to add. I'm preoccupied with That Thing that is bothering me, and at the same time, I'm absolutely loving the appearance of spring here in NY, at last! It's wonderful.
On that terribly dull and meh sort of note, I'll see you Monday.

3 comments:

LittlePea said...

It took me forever to figure out how to make links....don't ask me to explain how, my head could explode.

LiVEwiRe said...

I think you will do quite well on your finals! You've worked hard, you enjoy what you do, and I suppose the biggest part now is ignoring the person staring at you. In a way, it might not be too hard. Consider them a senior with dementia. Or a figment of your imagination. Keep us updated.

lu said...

I always get all freaked out when people watch over me too. My dad, my oldest sister and my Nana used to watch over me and correct me all the time. argh.