12 April 2007

Pre-sweetness

Bebe blossoms
I should have posted this one before the last post! Ah, well. Let's pretend I did it the right way, shall we? They're still pretty, these buds. I need to bring my camera to work tomorrow because the whole greenhouse is awash in lovely blossoms. The outside weather sucks, so it's very nice to be able to walk into a greenhouse full of lovely, delicate apple flowers.
Apparently, Winter is angry about the warm days we had back in December and January, so it is back in force, killing blooms and new foliage and generally causing a great big dip in the collective mood here in the northeast and elsewhere in the U.S. It's kind of being an asshole. Winter, go away, or I shall taunt you a second time.
Moving on. I don't really have much else to say. There's a male red-bellied woodpecker at my window feeder right now. He is gorgeous, and far too big for the feeder. It's funny to watch him hanging there - his tree-clinging feet serve him well in this capacity.
The next three or four weeks will be owned by the nursing program, should I choose to pass the course. I want to pass the course, naturally, so I may be absent a lot, both from here and from your blogs. I know there are only a handful of people affected by this, but I don't want you to take my absence personally. I'll be back in late May, and on and off in-between. The words I read by you guys, those who I read, enliven my life, inspire me, make me laugh, and make me think. I'm so fortunate to know you, whether that is in real life or via these internets.
Well, I have a lot to do. I should get to it.
Ta for now.

No comments: