25 June 2007

Baby fruit

Peaches, yet to be hand-thinned
Plums Peach
They're kinda pretty, aren't they, these young fruit? So much work goes into growing these guys and keeping them healthy - it's absolutely remarkable. Hat tip and a low bow to all the farmers out there.
I don't have a lot to say. I do have a new job as a quasi-vet tech. I'm not licensed in this state, but I have about a bajillion hours of experience, and I was the head technician at a busy practice for 3 or 4 years when I lived in NH. I spent the day at a local hospital here, and the doctor who owns the practice liked me, so I'm hired. Part time for now, of course; hopefully I would be able to get more hours once my job at the lab is over. It was a typical day in vet medicine - 8 and a half hours of work, ten minutes of which was used to sit for a moment and snork down lunch. Four euthanasias (sigh), one very angry cat (no, not the least bit of fun), 3 animals who are probably no longer with us at this point (very ill), and lots of other critters who are generally fine. I fell right back into it without a glitch. There are a few new things, and there is some material I'd like to review, but all in all, it went very well.
Well... must get going. I will write more tomorrow or the next day. Best to you all.
Ta.

2 comments:

LittlePea said...

Sounds like a good job. I love fuzzy peaches.

LiVEwiRe said...

You must've sent me brainwaves. I swear, last night I dreamt I was working back at an animal hospital I worked in years ago. So many things you see in that environment. But those cute little baby peaches? Fantastic!