13 December 2007

Boring photos...

9:30 a.m. EST

Goldenrod with dusting of snow

Driveway/lathehouse shot

...but I wanted to capture the before-and-after snowstorm bit. It's coming down really hard now - we're supposed to get 10 inches to a foot before all is said and done. Not really looking forward to it, but.... c'est la vie! I was just informed that we're officially closing at 10 - four minutes from now. Snow day! I'll have to take the after shots tomorrow. When I took these, the flakes were tiny and hard - they are now giant and fluffy and a little wet, and to look out my office window is like looking through a curtain.

Well..... I passed my final assessment! I'll go into the gory details later - and there are some details worth writing about - so that's done. I would feel happier if I knew for sure I'd passed my lecture final (I'll find out next Tuesday), so I'll hold off on the celebrating until next week. Still, though - WHEW. The assessment was what worried me the most. I was so ridiculously nervous - had a starting heart rate of 108, which soon became 110, and probably higher after that. So - yeah. Yay! I think. The lecture final was a beast, though. Hold your applause until later. Off to clean my car and slide on home now... best to you all!

Until later, ta.

p.s. (writing Saturday, from the library) We got 10 to 12 inches of snow and I didn't go in to work on Friday. I took pictures on my harrowing drive home, and of our back yard, but none of the above shots in "after" mode yet - maybe Monday. I spent three hours shoveling snow on Friday. Not fun, not fun at all. We're supposed to be getting a big storm overnight tonight and through tomorrow - our region in particular is supposed to get several inches, and then a wonderful coating of ice over that. I guess that's it for now - I'm off to grocery shop! Ta till Monday.

2 comments:

Mariposa said...

Hope everything will just turn out right...sending happy thought.

Stay warm!

LittlePea said...

Ten inches? OUCH! And here my husband and I were freaking out to get some fire wood today when we heard it was going to be in the lower 60s here this week! You're tougher than us. Drink plenty of hot chocolate and take lots of picture, snow pictures are always so pretty.