06 December 2007

Plethora of pictures

I should save these to dole out one at a time, really... but I don't want to. This is what I was in the mood to see today. They are all pictures from work. The last three are indoors, where I am most of the time now that it's winterish.

Winter Peach

Velvetleaf and wheel

sumac from below

staked trees - I did this! and there's a whole lot more of them....

old goldenrod in the sun

more goldenrod

farm equipment with weeds

lichen on cherry

more old goldenrod

cherry tree entomology experiment - used to have exclusion tents on the supports to keep birds and bugs out

c-sled (I'll find out why it's called this later; for now, suffice to say it's in place as a biological control for pesticide disposal - the plants are busy helping to filter chemicals)

apples on the ground; irrigation tubing down the middle

water distiller - insides. This thing has been causing me a headache for some time now, trying to get it cleaned and fixed.

top of my bookcase, office. Advent calendar, lantern, and feathers/snakeskin/weeds/black knot.

lab bench, various works in progress

That's all I have for you for now - lots of photos. I'm tired, and I have a lot of work yet to do today. I will be gone for the next four days - no internet at home, and I am taking both Friday and Monday off to prepare for exams. I don't know if I'll write or not Tuesday and Wednesday because I may be in a panic. I suppose that all depends upon how well I study.

On that note, I wish you all good weekends - and non-weekends. Best to you. Ta.

4 comments:

Mariposa said...

wow, you simply don't run out of beautiful pictures...

Rurality said...

Hey thanks for those pics! The velvetleaf is something I've been trying to identify for my mother. It's hard when you've just got a seed pod and you're not familiar with the plant.

velocibadgergirl said...

Lovely photos!

And I'm sending hugs for all the rest ...

lu said...

I think this picture taking is good. Makes you stop and focus on what makes good compositione