03 December 2007

Sky shots

I have a hard time resisting sky shots. I love the sky kind of the way I love the ocean, though I wish I had the same access to the ocean as I do the sky. I love the dramatic look of it, how it shifts in mood, how stunning the colors can be. Even now, after I just took these shots, the clouds beckon again, as they turn purple and indigo and violet and lavendar. Lovely.

Please pardon the power lines in these photos. They're there, and couldn't really be avoided. I have made two vows to myself with regard to photo-taking - one, I will find beauty where ever I am, and will take its photograph if I have my camera and two, I want to photograph all around this place that I work and love for the final year that I am here, in all seasons, every month until I go. I'll talk more about that later. Ta for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sky shots!

Hmph, another bogus thing about the Blogger upgrade that I've noticed on all the blogs now--a non-Blogger person like me can't leave my name linked to my own blog! Suck. Apparently many people are unhappy about this.

LittlePea said...

Good shots. I like the new look over here and I was glad to read that things were more peaceful.

I'm thinking about upgrading my own little 6m camera so I can take better pictures. I think it's great that want to capture your year and all the seasons at your work. I look forward to seeing them, your pictures are always so pretty(and I mean that in a non-grandma way heehee- they really are)

Anonymous said...

such gorgeous, gorgeous shots . . . thank you . . . just lovely :)