21 February 2008

Briefly....

She watches me from here when I'm cooking, all neatly curled and sitting up straight. The squintiness is a result of the flash.

Hi there. I'm signing in to just, I don't know, say hello. The only things on my mind right now are very personal and immediate, and I'm not sure I should write about either one. Why not? Mostly because one of the things has to do with a friend, and her business is her own... and the other thing has to do with my being an adolescent twit, and we really can't have that, can we? Suffice to say that Thing the First is a wonderful thing indeed. I am so glad for my friend that I could nearly squeeze her in half. I may still do that - we shall see. Thing the Second is just silly, so I won't get into it. Again with the suffice-ness to say, this Thing the Second adds sparkle to my day. Shannon ( http://westeringhills.weblogged.net/) will know what I'm talking about, and she will shake her head at me. And probably laugh. That's ok, she's allowed - she's the one who has to listen to me prattle on all day long. :)

So... that's pretty much it. I'm tired today, but I'm doing well enough. It's lovely outside, bright and clear, and I just got to watch a female cardinal cleaning my windowsill of seed spilled from the window feeder - such a pretty little lady with her scarlet-tipped crest and strong, brilliant orange bill. More on the morrow. Ta.

3 comments:

sher said...

OOH! How I miss Cardinals! We don't have them out here. One of the most beautiful sights is the flash of Cardinals flying through snowflakes.

Anonymous said...

I miss cardinals, too. I think they would thrive very well in the Pacific NW. Same with fireflies. I'm going to smuggle both back from Ohio in my suitcase on my next trip out there!

And yes, I am smirking over here by your nuevo-adolescence. Hee!

LiVEwiRe said...

What a great kitty photo! You can see she's keeping tabs on you while maintaining a regal appearance!