25 February 2008

Hello, and goodbye until Thursday

Snow bug of unknown variety. Landed at my feet while I was taking a walk. And yes, I know it isn't a snow bug, it's some sort of fly, for those of you who are entomologically inclined.

Nerve synapse in blue. That's what it looks like, anyway!

Up the lane in snow. All those tracks you see are from deer.

Pretty sky, part one. Notice the moon!

Pretty sky part two.

Chickadee on the edge of the dirty, dirty window feeder. This feeder is incredibly busy, but anytime I try to take photos, the birds freak out. So this is all you get, the end.

Shelby having dinner. I've been thinking about her age, and how I don't have enough pictures of her, so I've been more conscious of the photos I take these days. Here, I wanted to show her orange spot. She's a brown tabby, mostly, but she has orange mixed in, and of course I find that wonderful. I know you don't care about these details, but I do.

My sweetheart.

Me and my girl.

**********************

So. Once again, I don't have much to say. I've been busy today, and the weekend was more or less uneventful. Tomorrow and Wednesday, I will be at a work-related conference. Other news? Hmm. I didn't sleep much at all last night, thanks to my reading of a Stephen King story late at night. I slept in the guest bedroom because M. is sick again - much coughing and more snoring than usual - and I took advantage of the extra time to have the light on for reading. Stephen King, apparently, was a bad choice. I woke up every single hour, certain that I had heard untold horrors creeping up on me, and because I refused to put any limb out from under the thick, heavy covers (because, as you know, the covers protect a person from supernatural assault), I was a sweaty mess upon "waking up" in the morning. I use quotes because I was pretty much awake all night long. Yes, I understand that I am a big dork. The plus side? I have a vivid imagination, which is considered a good thing in some circles. Other than that, I don't have much to say. Well, I do, but I don't have the time to formulate what I'm thinking about at the moment. The two things foremost are these: one, I think the meds I am on are starting to work. I'm starting to feel an evenness that I remember from the last time I was on them years ago. It's brilliant, and I hope it continues. two, I am again considering my relationship with M. No need to go into detail until I actually have something to talk about. And so, on that note, ta, and I will visit everyone's blogs later in the week. Until then, best to you.

p.s. Weirdness in the last photo... over my shoulder, if you don't click on it, it looks like there's a window there. There isn't. And if you click on it? You see that it's actually the corner of my kitchen floor. Well, I see that, but you will just see a bit of floor. Huh? I have no idea why that happened, unless the disk in my camera is going bad. Can it do that? Go bad? The only other explanation is that I have a haunted ghost floor. Anyhow, again, ta.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a haunted ghost floor. Also, the Snow Bugs would be a great name for a band!

anne said...

Snow Bugs! Barrett's next band!

Huh. Now that I look at this photo again, it's like a hallway into ANOTHER DIMENSION.

Also? My hair looks greasy and horrible. That's ok, though, because my cat is cute.

LiVEwiRe said...

Your floor is somehow linked to the King book. I'm convinced. Usually I do that to myself with Dean Koontz books. I love the pic of you and Shelby together, she looks so amazingly content! Hurray for the meds!!! Of course, it still needs time. But the synapse photo is fantastic! I'm going to be thinking that all the time now when I see anything similar. Great eye!

Leslie said...

I love the picture of Shelby resting her head on your hand. So sweet!

LittlePea said...

Anne! I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I love the synapses.

Mariposa said...

Hope you're doing great!

sher said...

Shannon is so right! Snow Bug! Shelby is adorable. I never can put a S.King down, so I get no sleep until I'm, done.

Kristi said...

Cool pictures! I love the nerve synapse trees.