06 February 2008

Crabby. Thoroughly crabby. Acrimonious, even!

I am excited - inordinately so, most likely - about this purchase I just received today. Yay, staining!

Unknown rosette of leaves (chickweed species?). It's a mite blurry, but this scrap of green in the midst of all the drab, wet browns and greys and blacks is refreshing. Tiny (maybe 2 inches across), but welcome.

This shot didn't turn out like I wanted it to, but still, I like it alright. This is the result of another little traipse into the woods near my job - I had to get out of the building to ward off deepening surliness.

Another in the series of irresistable grapevine shots. This one reminds me of a lasso.

*******************

Hi there. Sorry about the long, long lack of posting. I've been busy and stressed and - as of today - in a pissy little mood. Part of it is hormonal, I'm sure, and part of it is unrelenting cramps. I started the day by having to change the sheets, lest M. come home and think someone had been stabbed to death in the bed. Which, you know, was a terrifically pleasant way to begin the day. The only up side was Shelby - my sweet sweet kitty girl - who loves helping me with this particular chore. She skids all over the sheets as I smooth them, collapsing onto her side, shooting back up in the air, dancing sideways, attacking wrinkles - eyes totally dilated - which never fails to make me laugh and warm my heart. At least if my uterus is going to be all spiteful and prostaglandin-y, my heart may as well feel good.

Moving on. I'm also simply tired and feeling down. And my first exam last night? Annoyed the crap out of me. It was vague, poorly written, chock full of typos (so many that it almost felt insulting - it took all my might not to go through and correct them all), and didn't really address in a satisfying manner the material we were responsible for. Meh. MEH, I say. Also, there's something going on in my life that I don't talk about here - maybe some day, but not yet - which has been wreaking havoc for over a year now. This something has reared its ugly head yet again and I am being forced to decide how I am going to handle a situation that is both delicate and disheartening. Not sure what I'm going to do, and none of my choices are particularly great. This is causing my head to ache and stress to swirl around evilly in my gut. So - yeah. Lots of small things are twisting me up.

I don't really have much else to say. I have a lot of work to get done here, and I already took my morning break with my squishy walk through the woods... so I suppose this shrill little post will have to suffice for the time being. Sorry about that. I'll write something of more substance tomorrow or Friday. Maybe. Meanwhile, take care of yourselves, and best to you all. Ta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sending a hug.