28 December 2006

Drive-by posting

Me, my cousin J., my brother B., and my cousin K.

Hey there! The above is a photo I took off of my parents' computer... it was taken in February at my Uncle Jack's memorial service. The four of us pretty much grew up together. Our lives are all so very different now. That fact and a story about my uncle are forthcoming. Regardless, it was great to be all together, even on such a sad occasion. I am home now - well, Ohio, which will always feel like home even if it really isn't. I spent most of the day helping my parents inventory their office. I was aggravated about the whole deal at first, but I got over my selfish desire to loll about the house watching bad television pretty quickly. Things are going along nicely. This isn't something that is guaranteed when I come home, so it's been a relief. Thus far my dad has been on an even keel, though that can change in an instant. I'm having a good time. I made a too-complicated dinner last night, so tonight we're having leftovers. My dad is insisting upon making last night's soup the sauce for tonight's pasta. I don't really want that, but he does and so it goes. Small quibble - I'll take it! The soup, by the way, can be found at http://westeringhills.weblogged.net/ - Dec. 22, the Thai-spiced soup. I used green curry paste instead, which is evidently a bit hotter than the red. I overdid the currying a bit, but it was still a very good soup even though it made everyone's nose run. Tonight we exchange Christmas gifts and then I'll be up late watching something cheesy on the boob tube. I have no tv at home, so I become greedy with television when I have access to it - all the more reason not to have it at home, really. Well, that's it for now. I'll check back in later. Best to all. Ta.

p.s. I almost didn't post the photo - I look old and fat and tired. However, I'm trying to dispense with foolishness in my life... so there I am!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Good dispensing of the foolishness! I think your beautiful, bright smile ovepowers any culprits of said foolishness, anyway.

And I totally hear you on the overcurrying...I over spice everything (except if it's salt). I'm totally making that recipe when I get back to Seattle.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cousin J. looks exactly the same as she did as a kid, but Cousin K.--never would've recognized him!