14 December 2006

Full-on sparrow fight

Because I am blogging about trivialities, I must mention the throw-down that just occurred in my office window feeder. Not unexpected, of course, because I have sparrow ruffians as regulars. A female house sparrow (Passer domesticus) was sitting IN the feeder, alternately hanging out and wildly stabbing at the food she was sitting on. Stab, fling shells, sit. Sit. Sit. Look around. Peck. Fling shells. Along came another female sparrow and WALLAH - Clash of the Very Small! Tiny feet engaged other tiny feet, and I think bellies were involved. There was a brief air battle, and then peace. Now the feeder is empty, though there is a male house sparrow contemplating entry. Ok, then. I know this is interesting only to me. Perhaps I'll say something of note tomorrow. Ta.

No comments: