11 December 2006

Monday, Monday....

Rosa rugosa, Sprucehead Island, ME

Good morning, all and none. Why is it that I have such grand and sweeping posts clouding my mind like great swarms of bees.... whenever I am away from the keyboard? It's inordinately annoying. I had all manner of thoughts to put to words over the weekend and now? Nothing. And so. I accomplished what felt like a lot over the weekend. I cleaned the house top to bottom, bought Christmas cards (now for the big challenge: to actually send them), got some books at the library (including one from my latest favorite author, Jonathan Carroll), bought some spray-primer for a plaster statue I'm going to paint, and I made two soups (creamy tomato and beet/carrot/ginger), a pan of roasted veggies, and some lovely grilled cheese sandwiches with pesto and sharp cheddar (thanks to Shannon for the notion!). I spent time with Bird, who is getting sicker again.... I reread an old journal that - for once - wasn't completely depressing.... and, let's see.... grocery shopped and went to the gym. I know, I know - the minutiae of my life doesn't exciting reading make. It's all I've got at the moment. Tomorrow night is my developmental psych. final - hurrah hurrah - for which I have not yet studied. In fact, I never even bought the book for this class and somehow I have an A. At least I did have an A prior to last week's bonehead move, wherein I turned my paper in late. And yes, that would indeed be a paper that I knew about the entire semester. Such is the way with an accomplished procrastinator. The instructor even gave the class a one-day extension and I still managed to turn it in late. Allegedly, I'm a grown-up, but there are days when I wonder. I had a rather poor attitude about this class from the get-go; I took what amounts to psych 101 last fall, and this class really just seemed redundant. And it was. I'll be glad when it's over. Next semester will be a completely different story - I have class 3 nights/week: 5 to 7 on Mondays, 5 to 10 on Tuesdays, and 4:30 to 10:30 on Wednesdays. This slacker attitude of mine will have to stay home with the cat; the real nursing stuff starts then. ********************************* Alas, I am boring myself, so I can't even imagine what anyone else might be thinking, should they have made it to the bottom of this page. If I'm struck by inspiration, I'll post again later. Random fact for the day: I got a new battery, new windshield wipers, and a new air filter in my car over the weekend. Today, I am grateful for: blue jays and the scent of cedar. Over and out.

---------------------------------------

Edited to add: I got an email from my instructor - I got an A minus on the paper. He said it would have been an A if I'd gotten it in on time. I just reread the paper... and I must say, it's quite a load of malarkey. However, it is well-written malarkey, and so I shall accept my A minus with grace. Ha!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I'm sure you're aware of it, Jonathan Carroll publishes one of the greatest daily blogs around on his website www.jonathancarroll.com It's so good that I read it every day like the newspaper.

Mia

anne said...

Hey, thanks Mia! I didn't know about it... and so forward to his blog I shall go...

No Milk Please said...

even malarkey is an accomplishment. congrats on the grade :)

thanks a lot for your very kind words, hope to see you again soon!

lu said...

Hooray for you! I'm glad you didn't disappear on us and so pleased that you lead me here. I cleaned house this weekend too, moved some furniture around- clearing a few pathways. I love weekends when things get done.

Lori Witzel said...

Rosa rugosa's a nice way to start the day!

And as best as I can tell, you were right about the phragmites on my blog (thanks for visiting, BTW.) I thought they were too short to be phragmites, but the seed-heads look like nothing else.

Great botany eye!