31 December 2006

Happy New Year!

Anne and cousin J.
Me and my cousin again. I think I look ok there (yes, I know my hair is less than fashionable, and this photo is ten months old), but presently I am pretty much the model for that stone fertility goddess that one sees in museums - all curves in mostly the wrong places. I would fit nicely into someone's hand if I was six inches tall, but I'm about five feet, three inches too tall for that. The blame is on my malfunctioning knee at the moment - surgery next month - but just because I can't bounce/climb/run around doesn't mean I need to eat as though food was going out of style. Meh.
I wish I could just be me all the time. Me. Anne.
On that note, happy new year to all of you - so many who have helped me through the year. I can't name names, but thank you. I am mostly flailing, so hands up are so very much welcomed. I know I am frustrating in my slow action, or seeming lack of action. Everyone is different, though. Everyone has gone through life under different conditions, and I'm guessing that I'm doing ok under mine. Not great, certainly, but ok. I'm learning. Thank you. Thank you all.
Hip hop happy new year!
love,
anne

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Surgery next month? Finally - an end to the knee of fluid!

Happy New Year, Anne. I've loved reading your words and thoughts and relating to you through la blog. Keep on keepin; on!