20 March 2008

For lack of a more interesting greeting - hi.

Milkweed pod, sans seeds and silk.

Another in the series of Anne's obsession with grapevine twistiness

North forty on a cold March day. Nice to be outside anyway!

My darling Gator, who I love oh so much.

Hi there. I am tired. I was in a terrific mood earlier, and I kind of still am, I'm just tired. It's a long week by Wednesday these days, thanks to school. Anyhow - I have to say this: HURRAY FOR ANTIDEPRESSANT MEDICATION!!! I couldn't feel much more strongly about this. Before I started on it this time (note: I should never have gone off of it), I was starting to cut again in small doses.... but most people never even consider such things, as I understand it, so small doses of cutting are really too much. And now I'm not. I'm not even thinking about it. I am even-keel, and I have been ridiculously cheerful this week - I have gotten a number of unsolicited comments on this note from classmates and coworkers. It's nice to know that I've changed. That's not to say that I'm going to become some happybot, because that's just not the way these things work... it's just that, boy, I feel so much better. Capable of joy, capable of ordinary happiness. That's pretty damned amazing. Well, I must vamoose, so I shall check in again tomorrow. Best to you all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the meds are working! :] Now, if you answer yes to this question, I am going to be VERY jealous, but if you have milkweed, does that mean you have Monarch butterflies as well? I miss those as much as fireflies at times, especially watching them go from catepillar to green chrysalis(sp), then hatch out to their glorious final form!

Leslie said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling the benefit from the meds! No, they won't make you a happybot, but you're right on - to be able to feel regular happiness is something people take for granted. So glad to hear you don't consider cutting yourself anymore. Remember that you have a support group through this here blog, so use it! Sound off, lady!

Leslie said...

P.S. I love the pics you've been taking with your new camera!

Anonymous said...

Good news sweetie. Have a wonderful Easter. Loved the photos.

Anonymous said...

I will never let you off the meds, even if I have to fly out there and make you take them, young lady!

Also, I want a ride on your Gator. Please?

anne said...

Kari - yes, we definitely have monarch butterflies here! I love them too. Their chrysalis's remind me of jewels when they're new - so pretty.

Thanks to you all for your supportive comments! Your words mean so much to me.

Have good weekends, all!

lu said...

Good News Anne, happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am so thrilled to hear that the meds are working! FANTASTIC news. Like L said, we're here to offer any support you need. You just ask, Butter Bean!

LittlePea said...

Glad your doing better Anne. I like the grape vine twisties.