17 March 2008

Monday. It always comes around, doesn't it?

Paws. With unclipped nails on the back ones.

Shelby-girl on a pillow.

Again, with laundry.

And again, the whole picture. She's my friend through everything, including the dreaded study sessions. Which are many. She has also been my friend through thick and thin. Lots of thin.

Alders from below. Such a pretty, pretty blue sky. I couldn't restrain myself from doing the branches against the sky thing again. Seriously.

View of my lab from one of the orchard blocks. It's a pretty steep hill; don't know if you can tell or not from the picture. It's rather exhilarating driving down into that space you see.

Alder catkins blowing in the wind.

The same ones, sitting a bit stiller. I took pictures of these because they are starting to open up - to release their pollen. They're looking longer, more stretched out, and you can see a little green in between the scales. I took a photo of these same catkins awhile back (I'll try to link to it later.), and you can see the difference over time.

I am on my way home from class, so I really don't have time to write. What I really wanted to do is to dedicate this entry to Sher - http://whatdidyoueat.typepad.com/what_did_you_eat/2008/03/wcb-seasons-of.html . She loves her Upsie as I love Shelby. Best to you, Sher and Upsie. Much love.

4 comments:

LittlePea said...

Hey Anne. Again I haven't been around much...but I wanted to say hi.

I love the kitty footses by that way.

Leslie said...

I love little kitty paws!

sher said...

Thank you Anne. So much! I love looking at your pictures. The kitties look so huggable--and the outdoor shots remind me of when I lived in the Midwest and the air was slightly crisp and had that lovely smell.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.