14 March 2008

Very exciting photos. And also - day three of the exercise regime! Huzzah!

Hello. I am squinty.

Watching the camera handle dangle. And yes, I know - blurry.

My lab coat and my feet in my lab. AMAZING.

Happy Fridays to you! Also, my apologies for the plethora of cat photos. It's difficult to resist photographing her, and of course I feel the need to share her with the world, so - there you go.

Two things to address today. Or possibly one, we'll see if I can get to the second one right now or not. I have Lots of Work to do and little time to do it in, so we shall see. First - Jeci (http://www.blueyonbelly.com/) is with me on the whole disliking of "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance," and I am glad for that. I think Jeci is awesome, so it's nice to have some complicity in my distaste for this book with someone I admire. I too was bored silly by it - and when I was attempting to read it? Alas, I was trying to be cool. Which is a completely ridiculous reason for reading a book. The fact that I tried so many times makes me laugh now. I carried that stupid book from apartment to apartment, for years. I think it was finally ruined in a flood in the late 90's. Thank goodness. Otherwise I might still have the bloody thing. I always figured I just wasn't hip enough to "get it." This is quite possibly the case, as I am easily the least hip person I know. Anyway, yeah. Dumb book.

The other thing was going to be about the lack of tenderness in my life - something Kari agreed with in my comments below that particular post, if you're wondering - and I wanted to talk about that a little more. However, I am running short on time, and the things I want to express don't lend themselves to short time. Maybe next week.

So, my dearests - until Monday, take care. I hope your weekends are good ones. Ta.

1 comment:

Rurality said...

I can't say I cared for that book either. I read it in college, on the recommendation of a professor. (My physics teacher, strangely enough.) I wasn't exactly bored, but I found it VERY depressing. I always liked the title, though! :)