31 January 2007

Number One (or, rather, number 88!)

Unrelated photo:
autumn apricot leaves
I'm actually going to ask my coworker to pick a number between two and 150 because I just looked, and number one is "read a book." That one I can do anytime, as I devour books much like a labrador retriever consumes anything it can get its canine lips on. Or, much like I devour pickles! Anyhow, yeah - I dedicate my "read a book" to the book "Inkheart," by Cornelia Funke. I just started it last night - it's a children's book my mother sent me to read while I was down from surgery. So many people gave me books for that time period, though, that I'm just starting on this one!
And so.... she picked (drum roll, please) number eighty-eight! Eighty-eight, come on down! The illustrious 88 reads: "Plant an herb garden." Hmm. Well. It's January and I live in the (finally snowy) northeast, so planting one outside isn't really an option. However, I can plant one indoors... so that's what I will do. I have to go out at lunch anyway, so I'll pick myself up some seeds and some dirt and have at it. Anyone with additional assignments for me with regard to planting my indoor herb garden is welcome to suggest away!
I'm off now, to buy my supplies!
---------------------------------
Edited to add - The chosen herbs are: compact sweet basil, chamomile, and oregano. Hooray for mid-winter herb gardening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, herb garden!

LittlePea said...

I tried that once but none of my seeds sprouted. Hope you have more luck than I did-I love those things.