02 May 2007

Sorry for the paucity of writing...

Shelby says hello
I've been so very, very busy. I think I've sat at my desk for all of 20 minutes over the past three or four weeks. I am also having some crashing issues with my computer, and I have no time to try any fixes right now, so every time I sign on it seems I end up crashing in the middle of an entry or an email and then it's back out into the field with me.
Tonight is my final assessment for this semester - I am very nervous. I also got the last slot for testing, which pisses me off a little - I was still up finishing patient care when my instructor decided to let everyone else pick times for evaluation. My test, therefore, is at 9:30 tonight. I guess the flip side of that is the fact that I'll have a few hours after work to brush up before I walk into the lab. If we screw up, we have one more chance some time tomorrow - and if we screw up then too, we flunk the entire semester. No pressure. I should be ok, so long as I don't rush and I take time to think through the steps of each skill set.
Anyhow... today I am planting trees again. It's dirty, tiring work. I think that's been the hardest thing for me over the past month - I'm using my brain a lot at night in class/lab/clinical after 8 to 10 hours of hard physical labor, pretty much every single day. I'm pretty exhausted. The disappointing thing is that I'm still a big chubba even after all of this - AND I look wan and tired. And now with sunburn, too! Lookout, catwalk, here I come. Ah, well. One more week of this, then I'm free from school till late August.
So, yeah - quite a boring little post. My apologies. I wish I could write more but I just do not have the time right now. Until later, then, ta.
p.s. I miss reading all of your blogs - I try to catch up when I can, though frequently I don't have time to leave a comment. Once school is out I might have a little more time at lunch and at the end of the day to visit. Please know, however, that I'm thinking of you regardless of my silence. I won't name names, but you probably know who you are, my friends!

No comments: