02 May 2007

This is the face...

...of someone who doesn't believe that transplanting 200 trees into pots is going to take "just 8 to 10 hours of work." Nope. Not buying it. Can you see the disbelief - nay, the outright suspicion in these eyes? Sure, transplanting trees would be a breeze if one could simply pull dirt from a handy pile. Not so breezy, though, when you have to wheelbarrow the soil (after digging it out of a heap that's been sitting there for 3 years) about 200 meters, then pull peat from another pile, then lime and fertilizer and perlite from another pile (none of which are convenient to the main pile), then mix it all by hand. No, not so breezy at all. How many trees does this work get planted? One pile of all components = 8 trees. YOU do the math, because I just refuse.
No, the photos aren't flattering. Who am I trying to impress, though? Fewer and fewer people, really. So there you have it!
(grumps off back to work)
(and yes, I know I have said I like physical labor. I do! it's just that unrealistic deadlines and looming exams take a toll on my theoretical adoration of said labor.)
____________________
Edited to add: what's really flattering about those photos is the fact that you can see where I've picked at my skin - yay! Also, that is dirt in the second photo, not freckles or fleas. By the way - I have kind of a tall forehead, don't I? I never realized until just now. Hmm. Ok, now back to the hot, hot greenhouse.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeew, you have fleas!

Kristi said...

Oh dear. You poor thing. I must say, though. You have beautiful eyes. Truly.

Anonymous said...

You are so hard on yourself girl. Who taught you to do that?

Anonymous said...

I also notice the beautiful blue eyes!!!!