29 May 2007

Again with the cat pictures!

Shelby's "dead cat" pose slung over my left shoulder
A flattering view of both of us. And yes, I know how awful I look, but she's hugging me! I had to post it.
So. How were your weekends? Mine was largely uneventful. I'm feeling disgruntled this morning, and I've already fallen behind on the work I'm supposed to be doing today. (which is this: tying up loose tops on huge blocks of apple trees, which will take me the rest of the day; I have more than that to do, but I can't see having time to do it. once again, I am going to be staying late every day this week.) I am also feeling guilty - I haven't called friends or family in over a week. I've just been too tired and mentally out of sorts. Hopefully I'll stop with the antisocial irritability sometime soon because it's even wearing me out.
As you can see, I have nothing of real consquence to say. I guess there's one thing - I've decided to take on a new task, in addition to the Big Job Hunt this summer - I'm going to order the materials to possibly take the wildlife rehabber's licensing exam next year. This is something I've wanted to do for a very long time. I say "possibly" because between nursing school and working full time I'm going to be pretty much flat out busy for what will seem like a hundred years... but lately I've been lying awake at night intensely worried about the increasingly rapid passage of time. I need to do some things that I know I will love, other people's opinions and my own schedule be damned. I am starving for something like that. I feel as though I'm on a giant hamster wheel of work, school, house cleaning, worry about money, and constant anxiety over my relationship. It's exhausting. I know I'm certainly not alone in this - the world is a sea of people just like me. I just don't want to wake up when I'm 80 (if I should make it that far) wondering why I spent my life trying to please everyone else. So, yeah. Wildlife rehab. (shout out to Sher - http://whatdidyoueat.typepad.com/)
Well, I'd better get my grumpy carcass out to the orchard. Until later, ta.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I think it's great you're considering wildlife rehab. And I can totally relate to wanting to jump off the hamster wheel of life. In an ideal world, we all need to be working at a job we truly enjoy, and it sounds like you're taking the first steps.

PS: Aren't Sher's pictures of her squirrels incredible?

lu said...

Yes Anne! Do things that you want, everything else in your life will benifit from that.
I had a house full of family all weekend and spent the day recovering in bed. I just get worn out. But things turn. Do what feels right.

Love you

LittlePea said...

Yeah! That sounds great. And don't feel guilty-I can go for weeks without calling anyone. We all need to take care of ourselves.

LiVEwiRe said...

Sounds to me like it's time for you to just jump and do it. There will always be 16 things in your way showing you why you shouldn't do something. It's up to you to sift through and find the one thing that you want and go for it. No one has to live in your head but you. Ok, and us. But you need to seek what makes you happy. I think you've found it.