21 March 2007

Breathe.

Cyclamen in the copy room
Look closely - the first pussywillows of spring! Look even more closely - can you find the deer in this picture? (don't feel bad if you can't... I had a hard time finding it and I took the photo!)
I'm feeling a little bit better after my rant yesterday. Not a lot better, but a little. As it turns out, my unexceptional exam score was a full 12 points higher than the class average. As Lu suggested in the comments below (thank you for the tips, my friend. it's good to hear about testing from a teacher's perspective!), I know that I am over thinking some of the questions. However, it's somewhat difficult not to, given our instructions to "always think outside the box," and "apply these circumstances to a real life situation." I argued one of the questions with the instructor because it seemed so patently ridiculous to me that I missed it - and half the class approached me afterward to say they felt the same way. Two other people had the courage to speak up about badly-worded or vague questions, but mostly the class stayed quiet. We started with our new instructor last night and she seemed to be as formidable as her reputation suggested, so I think that kept a lot of peoples' lips zipped. At any rate, despite my discouragement, I do feel like I might get the hang of this stuff at some point. That's about as positive as I can be presently.
Well, that's about all I have to say right now. Nothing terribly interesting, per usual, but that's no surprise when my life is all about nursing school and mold - both of which are engaging to me (if only by necessity at times), but which do not make for gripping reading. I started to write about Erikson's stages of development (which are inexplicably annoying to me) and then about the characteristics of lesser-known fruit rot organisms... and then I came to my senses and deleted all of that, because - who cares? So gaze instead upon the pretty, pretty Cyclamen.
More later. Ta.
Edited to add: Now I can't find the deer in the picture at all, not even when I blow it up further on my computer screen. I'm tempted to remove the picture, but it amuses me to have a picture of a deer that cannot be seen on my blog, so it stays. It really is there somewhere in the brush. It's a yearling that beds down up on the hill behind the lab. Very, very cute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the deer! What do I win?

LittlePea said...

I think I saw it. I must admit I sort cheated and enlarged the picture...

LittlePea said...

sort of, I mean. I never proofread, well until after I click publish....this includes my own blog.