26 March 2007

Chiaroscuro?

I'm not sure, but I've always wanted to use that word. Now I can die happy.
So - I'm feeling disgruntled today. It could be because I have eight gajillion hours of homework to do tonight and quite a bit less time than that in which to do it. It could also be because I've spent the past several hours handling very rotten apples for the sake of research (I am now redolent of mold, which - yum. yeah.). Too, it could be that this is the first "real" day that I've put myself back on Weight Watchers, so I'm just about ready to gnaw my own arm off. (mmm... warm, salty flesh....) There's also the fact that I am sick to death of being lumpy and out of shape, my hair is just ugly, and my face? I've picked at it (again, because I have no self control), so I look like a victim of adult-onset chicken pox. My office is in turmoil, I have like thirty different projects going on simultaneously here at work and they're starting to become a tangled mess in my head, and school is kicking my ass. I am a picture of malcontent. Add to that the fact that I feel guilty for feeling sorry for myself because hell, I have a lot of good stuff in my life!
Meh.
Alrighty then, moving on.
The weekend was a flurry of studying (not enough - I completely forgot about my due-tomorrow-take-home exam) and scrubbing the house from stem to stern. I also finally got around to repotting my herbs - they're happily stretching their legs in nice big pots as we speak. We went to lunch yesterday at one of my favorite restaurants in the area - http://www.theeggsnest.com/ I love that place, from the decor to the service to the food. That was pretty much the highlight of the weekend - that and the sighting of a mostly-albino red-tailed hawk - it was solid white except for some russet on its tail. Very cool sighting indeed! And here we are again at Monday. Sigh.
Nothing interesting to add to that. I'm overflowing with The Disgruntleness, so I shall sign off until another time.
Ta for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is indeed all too Monday today.

Anonymous said...

I was going to write a very wise, supportive comment but it sounded like bullshit to me.
Sometimes we just have crappy days, it's okay. It's good to vent to. If you have an email address, I can't remember, I'll send you a very funny joke about complaining. Take care of yourself.

LittlePea said...

I have chicken pox complexion right now. So you're not alone.

Monday is almost over. Tell yousourself in your best Scarlett O'Hara voice, tomorow is anothuh dayy!

Thanks for the bird identification by the way on my blog--I wonder if that means I'm supposed to get pregnant. In that case I'll change my walking route for a little while. Not ready for behbehs just yet....

LiVEwiRe said...

Very nice use of the word - you'd have loved one of my classes in art school. That was the instructors FAVORITE thing ever. Ever. In that case, I bet he died really happy. ;) Sometimes it's hard to weed out the good from the bad or the good from the rotten apples, as the case may be. What can appear to be one is craftily disguised and is in the end, another. I sure hope spring perks us up. Either way, that photo was really excellent. If that were a pic I took, I'd enlarge it and hang it in my house.

Rurality said...

It's so funny that you used the word chiaroscuro just above a picture of a cat. I have always thought that a really good name for a piece of art would be "Chiaroscuro killed the cat". However, (a) I'm not an artist, and (b) I doubt anybody would think that was funny but me. (Actually now that you've posted that, I can think of a cat picture I took once that might fit the bill!)

Oh and I went back and checked, and your picture looks about like my goal weight, so pipe down! :) But I've lost 15 pounds... only (mumble, mumble) pounds left to go.