05 March 2007

Eyes closed

Shelby Cat at Watering Hole
Hello there. It's Monday again, somehow. I'm not very excited about the fact, but here we are nonetheless. I feel as though I'm on a large, invisible hamster wheel, never really accomplishing anything and never really getting anywhere. I'm tired and I'm mentally worn out. The critter you see in the above photos is partially to blame for the former condition - lately, she has insisted upon sleeping on my body all night long, despite the fact that there is plenty of bed available for her. If I push her off too many times, she retaliates by leaping aggressively onto my hip and standing there, staring down at me, paws all pokey and hard. It's amazing how much nine pounds can weigh at two a.m. There's no point in locking her out of the room, either - she will tirelessly rub the door until she gains readmittance. So, yeah, I'm losing sleep because of a cat. It's more than that, though.... I've just got this overall weariness going on. Probably has something to do with working full time, going to school essentially full time, and being the primary caretaker of the house. Bleah.
Moving on. I reinjured my knee last week. I can't recall if I said something about it here or not. At any rate, I slipped on the wet entryway floor at the conference center where we had meetings last week, BAM! right onto the post-surgical knee. The knee is now back to pre-surgical dimensions of swelling and pain. I can't say I'm overjoyed about this development. I see the doctor next week - hopefully he won't tell me I've undone what he did in there surgically. Pretty depressing. Nonetheless, I did go for a short walk on Saturday here:
http://www.scenichudson.org/parks/shparks/shaupeneak/index.html It's a nice little park. I gathered some skeletal late summer flowers (Queen Anne's Lace, goldenrod, spotted knapweed, and a few others) as well as some dried grasses & made a lovely bouquet with them. I also spotted some bear tracks (!!) and watched an enormous "V" of Canada geese go honking by overhead. It was nice to get out for a bit, even if I was limping.
Well, that's it for now. Per usual nothing terribly exciting - just checking in.
Until later, ta.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelby is SO CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

Hee! Shelby seems like a character. One of my cats (Nermal)prefers for her water to come from anywhere but her water bowl. She usually knocks over my water glass and then drinks from the spill. It's cute, but annoying. I also have to keep vases out of her reach.

Hope your knee feels better!

Kristi said...

Those kitty pictures are adorable. And I can sympathize with the middle-of-the-night cat awakenings. My cats used to do the same thing, although they also meowed tirelessly at our feet. Tres annoying! And I'm sorry about your knee. Hope you're better soon!