08 March 2007

Here and now.

My little plants - the fluffy group on the left are Chamomile. The middle two, plus the one off to the side, are oregano. They didn't fare well because molds got into their soil plugs, but I think I'll be able to save them once they're transplanted. Oregano is such a weed, I'm sure it'll be fine. The four plugs on the right are basil. I'll be transplanting everybody this weekend.
This critter is a "stranger" - a spore landed on a plate of media accidentally with no input from me. This is something I generally want to avoid. I keep stacks of plates in bags that each contain different types of media in order to do various researchy things, and this organism found its way into a bag containing potato dextrose agar supplemented by MBC (a pesticide). I think it's pretty, though my boss said it looks like a wound of some kind. It's all in the way you see it, I suppose! It might be a Fusarium; otherwise, I really have no idea.
Turkey tracks out back! My office window feeder from a different angle. There's a female cardinal in the small tree in the background.
Fascinating photographic details of my life AT THIS MOMENT! I have figured out how to get my pictures up quickly, and it's kind of fun. I know the absorbing details of my life are not particularly...well, absorbing, but it's fun nonetheless.
More in a bit.

No comments: