26 November 2007

Just because I feel like writing...

The Lab, already pictured on 9 November
I was looking at this photo, thinking how much I love the view. It's so pretty, and it's not even as good as the view from way up on the hill. This photo doesn't really give you a good perspective on how steep the drive is from which I took this shot. Anyhow, I was looking at it, and thinking about how fortunate I was to land here. I know, I know - blah blah blah, lucky, yay, Anne loves her job... but still... I do. I mow that entire lawn, of which you see only a tiny portion; the part closest up I only mowed once because it's so steep and I had to use the deck mower behind the Gator, and I wasn't very good at it. That roof? I climbed up on top of it to rescue a crow from the chimney, using an 18 foot bamboo pole with an insect net duct-taped to the end of it. He survived, and his name was Sooty, for all the friggin creosote he had all over his feathers. He was a skinny little bag of feathers when I got him out of there (in the midst of a pouring rain, no less). The pointy and/or square shrubbery? I did that! I had never handled an electric hedge trimmer before in my life. Not a big deal, but still - it was fun for me, and it didn't turn out half bad. I was constantly afraid that I would somehow level them all to the ground by accident, or, conversely, trim off 0.1 mm from each and have a jungle growing out the next week. Or perhaps I would carve them into odd shapes. One worries. What else can I say? That guardrail running down the middle of the road? Under that, right in front of the building, was where I ran out and picked up Mac, the kitty who got hit by a car (and ended up with a fractured femur and of course road rash and multiple contusions). He ended up right there, somehow, and so avoided being hit again. He is now alive and happy and living with a couple a bit north of here. So many, many times I've gone down that drive, the steep one, in my beloved Gator.
I guess that's it for now. Reminiscing. It's nice to have the chance to do that from my current perspective.
Best to you all.
Ta for now.

1 comment:

Rurality said...

You are a lucky woman! So many people hate their jobs.