12 November 2007

News blackout.

I don't have television, and for that I am glad. I don't need extra crap pouring into my eyes and ears, other than what already goes there via living in the world. The news tires me (I specify the news because I have no idea what's on television these days, and mostly I'm glad. Yes, I love House, but that's really all I know about. And I'm glad.). I do what I think I can to affect what goes on, especially in the US. I'm so tired of people being jackasses, and I'm also tired of what people feel is reasonable to report. The headline that set me off? "'Human error' likely caused oil spill" Likely? Huh. Let's think about this, just for a moment. Ok. DUH. OF COURSE human error caused the f-ing oil spill! What the bloody hell is "likely" supposed to mean? Titmice took control? Golden retrievers were running amuck onboard, upending some tank that shouldn't have been upended? And then... Tigers, lion down to skin and bones at house - I hate people. I hate them. The fact that I also love them and want to help them is... not exactly problematic, but... ok. YOU try not to have issues with humans when they're this jerkish. --------------- That is all. For now. No more news, not for a week.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Those poor, poor kitties. I'm glad they were rescued, though.

LittlePea said...

I soooo agree with you about the news. I get irritated as well with some of the stuff they report about....


Happy about your blue jay by the way. they're feisty little things aren't they?!