15 November 2007

Photo of the day

Phragmites field
Another shot I somehow forgot to publish. Yes, it's through a fence, but I still think it's pretty. As you might have noticed, I love me some Phragmites.
I need to point you in the direction of this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/samiam9610 - the wonderful Sam has made my favorite bladder campion photo vividly gorgeous - crystal clear, and stunning with the color. You should peruse her photographs - she takes fantastic pictures, better than I ever could. Thank you, Sam, for the loveliness!
Clinical was tres fun last night. Without going into a lot of detail (because I haven't the time or patience at the moment), we got to care for "patients" in our Sim Lab (instead of going to the hospital) - the mannequins there have vital signs, including lung and bowel sounds, and are largely anatomically correct (e.g. I had to catheterize my patient last night to obtain a urine sample). They also have microphones, and the people running the lab had a lot of fun with that - we had something of a comedian in the control booth. The Sim Lab is just a terrific resource - we are so fortunate to have it. I learned a lot last night, most especially about the things I am not proficient in yet. Thrown into such a situation, we all made ridiculous mistakes, elementary ones. I think frequently you tend to learn more from the mistakes you make than the things you do right. Since we made mistakes in abundance, I'm sure we all learned a lot! At any rate, we laughed through much of the evening, even as we got a ton of work done. It was very nice.
Let's see... anything else? Well, I'm tired. That pretty much sums things up for me.
Per usual, I have things I'd like to talk about, but I am time-restricted. What a boring old excuse. One thing that's on my mind: I need to get in shape. Badly. I think that's the next thing that bears discussion, once I decide to have time to write about it. Yes, more boringness, but that's just the way it goes!
Until later, ta.

No comments: