30 November 2007

I've been tagged!

How cool! I've been tagged by Velocibadgergirl for her five-post meme. Thanks! I won't be able to get to it today... I'm having a pretty crappy day, so I don't have the heart for it... but I will get to it on Monday (just a reminder - I have no internet access at home). So - thank you! That gives me something to look forward to. ******************* The crappiness has to do, once again, with my significant other. I won't get into details, but suffice to say things are very ugly between us. And I don't really know what to do about it. This close to finals (which are a week and a half away), such meltdowns really, really suck. They suck regardless, but it's worse when I know that this has the potential causing me to fail, and I'm not exaggerating. I am just so tired of the drama, the emotional rollercoaster, the frightening depths of this relationship. So very, very tired. On that note, bye. I hope you have better weekends than I suspect I will.

4 comments:

LiVEwiRe said...

Whoa! Finals already?! Focus on you and your finals; significant others can wait. You are the most important one here, be sure to give yourself permission to acknowledge that. I wish you the best for your finals but know you'll put your all into it!!

velocibadgergirl said...

sending hugs and encouragement!

lu said...

Hey Anne,

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here, but you know we swim in the same sea.

I imagine these bouts come in predictable waves. When you have something in your life that requires your attention and it is more pressing than him, he fears you deem it more important. He fears if you are impowered, you may overpower him and he loses control over his and universe.

It's not fair, and if you can recognise this fit for what it is and let it go. It's a little like having a child throtw a fit--you let him rant but don't engage in arguement, you say something like "I'm sorry you feel that way." Repeat if necessary and you move on with doing what you need to do.

You have to let go of it Anne and focus on you, getting what you need right now. You do well on your finals, take the time you need, focus your energy on building yourself up.

I'm always sending my best to you,
Love, and big hugs,
Lu

LittlePea said...

I agree with lu. Whatever the issue is, you have to take care of yourself and value your needs as much as you do your partner's. Even if it mean he loses a part of you he's used to having to himself. Otherwise you're the one that loses that part of you and that's too high a price to pay for a relationship. Does that make sense? I don't have a perfect marriage, but that's something I learned a long time ago in past relationship.....

Big hugs and good luck with your finals.