15 November 2007

Ok, so maybe I'm all about the pictures these days.

Blurry leaves... hadda leave the image because I love the color
Foxtail grass against deer fence post, outside the orchard Maple leaf against canopy
Let it never be said that one can have too many photos of maple leaves.
Down the corridor outside the deer fence - if you look very closely, you might see the herd of turkeys at the end of my view (click to see a little more closely). I stalked them for awhile, but I'm not particularly stealthy, and they were wise to me from the start. It was a hen with this year's brood. I got to hear them talking to each other as I passed by where they'd darted into the brush! Turkeys are funny.
********************
I'm no artist, but I do appreciate beauty. As I have said before, this is the sort of stuff that lights up my heart and soul. I've always loved trees and plants and critters... and I do wish I could do them more justice, but this is ok for now. I'm a little frustrated because so many of my shots come out blurry (apparently the hand isn't always as steady as the eye), and I don't understand yet how to do good close-ups. I took a bunch of pictures on my little afternoon walk, but only the above shots turned out semi-ok. Disappointing... but it was still very good to get outside. I'll eventually learn more about how to take good photos.
Ta again, for now.

4 comments:

LittlePea said...

Beautiful fall colors.

Anonymous said...

Your photos grace my desktop here at work every day, where I need beauty the most!

LiVEwiRe said...

I love it when I see turkeys (or turklets as I call the young ones). recently I saw 21 of them - yes I stopped to count - and had a grand time watching them, even if briefly. =)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

More beautiful pictures! Are you studying photography because you really have a great eye?